Safety and efficiency are of the utmost importance when moving loads on an offshore installation. For employees who assist the crane operator moving loads, it is important that they are aware of the dangers and how to deal with it. The safe fastening of loads and good communication with the crane operator are an important part of this. After completing the course, riggers can work in a safe, responsible and efficient way.
Employees involved in an offshore installation lifting activities.
(theory and practice)
- law and regulations
- work load limit, test load, breaking load, terms of safe using lifting gear
- certificates lifting gear
- rejection criteria
- personal protection equipment
- estimating the mass of loads
- safe attaching loads
- communication with a radio and hand and arm signs
- working at heights
The course is finished with a practical assessment. After finishing this course with a positive result the trainee receives a certificate.
Costs of the training